Effective coaching skills
This programme builds the competencies of an effective coach. In addition to looking at skills and models, the programme enables coaches to experiment with and modify their personal style. The programme combines preparation work and assessment with experiential learning.
Who should attend
First and second level managers, supervisors and team leaders with more than one year's leadership experience.
● Understanding coaching - looking at who benefits and how.
● The behaviours and characteristics of an effective coach.
● Coaching teams for continuous improvement.
● Coaching and conversational skills.
● The GROW model of coaching.
● Effective observation assessment.
● Action Learning - using participant case studies.
● Strategies for coaching in difficult situations.
● The art of giving difficult feedback
● Action planning for personal development as a coach.
Benefits to you and your organisation
● Greater awareness of your personal coaching style.
● Increased expertise in applying coaching models to different coaching situations.
● More advanced skills in giving and receiving feedback.
● Greater confidence and competence in handling difficult coaching stiuations.
● An improved ability to facilitate continuous performance improvement in others.